Wednesday, November 04, 2009

NaNo Update: Behind Schedule :(

Well, my original plan was to average 2000 words a day - then I could be finished w/50,000 in 25 days, giving me a few slack days. Right now, however, I am up to the grand whopping total of 878 words. Less than impressive, I know, but the good news is that if I finish off today at 3000 words and do 3000 words every day for the next five days, I'll be back on track by the 9th. Not impossible, I think - if I write 100 words in 5 minutes (which I am assuming is a fairly reasonable timeframe, given that we are talking about organizing one's thoughts and then recording them, as opposed to merely copying the words of someone else), then that would translate to 2 1/2 hours per day.

One of my biggest mistakes has been waiting for the muse to strike, and looking for sizable chunks of time to sit down and write. Waiting for either one of those conditions to be fulfilled (not to mention waiting for both to happen simultaneously) will virtually guarantee that nothing (or precious little) will get written. So I am coming to the realization that any progress to speak of will have to be accomplished in dribs and drabs. That 2 1/2 hour chunk of time just ain't gonna happen - not for writing, at any rate.

So, here's to making use of what would otherwise be "down time" !

No comments: