Saturday, January 07, 2006

Song of the South

Yesterday I got to watch Disney's "Song of the South." (I didn't ask questions regarding the origin of the DVD, but the quality of the picture was more than watchable, albeit substandard.) I remember seeing the movie in the theater when it was re-released in the early '70's, but unfortunately Disney doesn't have any current plans to make it available to the general public for today's generation. They continue to kowtow to pressure from special interest groups that insist on smearing the 1946 Disney classic as "racist." Like many others, I guess I am simply too benighted to see what the fuss is about.

You can find out more information about "Song" here. I didn't realize (until yesterday) that Hattie McDaniel was in the movie, but then I saw "Song" long before I had even seen "Gone with the Wind."

No comments: