Monday, November 09, 2009

NaNo Update: Finally Finished Chapter 1

It's about time, too. I'm only about a week behind schedule - ha! Behind enough, but not impossibly so, if I can just manage to be more consistent in writing every day. It's now the 9th, which gives me 21 more days to reach the goal of 50,000 words. Since I'm now at a word count of 2502 (unofficial), that means that averaging a little over 2200 words a day will get me there (and getting 3000 words a day will push me quite comfortably over the finish line). Not at all impossible, so no need to concede defeat yet.

I must confess that I am amazed at the people who can crank out several thousand words a day. Some have already surpassed the 50K goal. As for me, I do happen to have a life outside of this NaNo lark, so I'm going to focus on consistency (think: "tortoise" rather than "hare") and enjoy myself.

No comments: