Friday, February 08, 2008

They Don't Make 'Em Like They Used To

At this site are some pix of Big Loo, the robot that terrified me as a pre-school child. The neighbor kids across the street had one of those things, and of course once the older brother found out how much I hated it, he proceeded to exploit that weakness at every conceivable opportunity. When they moved away a few years later, they bequeathed me the ghastly thing - perhaps it was an armchair attempt at psychotherapy to cure me of my aversion. I can't recall that it worked, and somewhere along the way Big Loo got dumped. To tell the truth, I couldn't even remember what it was called until I finally found an entry in a toy collectibles book. Supposedly Big Loo goes for $2600 now - if only I had known he was actually going to be worth something some day!

Perhaps if I had seen this commercial, I would have been persuaded on how cool the robot really was.

No comments: