Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Best Laid Schemes

I have never been a big fan of planning – for me, it seems like no matter how detailed or vague any plans that I happen to make may be, reality has a way of interfering with said plans and rendering them virtually useless. Truly,

The best laid schemes o’ mice an’ men
Gang aft a-gley.

Anyways, when I started this blog at the end of last year, I fully intended to be at least a semi-regular poster: the plan was at least once a week. The reality, however, was that this was the year that I would be facing a blessed event which, along with being self-employed, has required my time and attention, leaving little left over for blogging as I had intended. My apologies.

However, the time of my confinement (don’t you just love old-fashioned language?) will soon be over, and hopefully once the dust settles, I can resume my original plan and intent for this blog. There is so much to say and examine, and I prefer to take the time to do something right the first time, rather than present to the world a half-hearted attempt at these important issues.

So bear with me. Soon I will find my voice.

No comments: