Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Where Have You Been?!?!?!?

I know, I know - it has been over a month since I last posted (although I did manage to change my "Current Quote" to make it more timely). I offer herewith an apology, and an explanation of my particular extenuating circumstances to my legions :) of followers, who hopefully are subscribers to this blog and will consequently be informed that I have posted something new.

First of all, we have moved our business from a two-room office to a three-room one. Business has grown to the point where we believe that the extra space will be worth the extra rent, and with two classrooms now instead of only one, we will be able to avoid scheduling problems and hold concurrent classes. As anyone who has moved knows, packing and relocating (albeit merely across the parking lot, and not across town) is not necessarily something that can be done in a day.

Then, at the end of March I attended a professional conference in San Antonio. The conference was beneficial, as I was able to garner numerous tips, ideas, and resources to help me with the business. The major drawback was that we had to take a week out of our schedule (three days of conference activities, not to mention driving between Chicago and San Antonio - over 1200 miles one way) to attend, which meant that we had to do all our moving before the conference. Not ideal timing, but that's just the way things worked out.

Throw in the mix preparation for an interview (which was the reason why we ended up driving rather than flying).

On top of everything, I have been dealing with morning sickness. Not the severe kind with vomiting or anything unpleasant, just a general kind of blah feeling and extreme fatigue. As any pregnant woman (or her husband) can tell you, the physiological changes a woman's body undergoes during the first trimester produce, among other things, a fatigue that goes beyond anything that a college student pulling an all-nighter would ever experience. You are completely drained of energy - there is nothing left over for the things that must be done, let alone the things that should be done. The first trimester of being pregnant is like having a sleeping potion running through your circulatory system 24/7. I've kept this bit of news under my hat for a while, since a year ago I unfortunately suffered a miscarriage. This time, however, things appear to be going well; my first visit to the doctor last week confirmed this with a healthy fetal heartbeat - once a heartbeat is detected, the risk of miscarriage drops to less than 5%. So we thank God for this good news, and trust Him to keep this baby safe and sound.

So there you have the Reader's Digest version as to why I seem to have dropped off the face of the earth for the past month. As I move into the second trimester, I should regain most of my energy and will be able to return from zombieland.

No comments: